Monday, October 2, 2023

Colors

Of all the months, October displays the most brilliant colors. In my humble opinion it is the best time of the year.  Beauty is found everywhere.  Knowing it is brief even makes it more special.



It makes me want to stop, savor and give thanks for these days.  




The hillsides are donning their colorful garments as they prepare for the crescendo of the grand finale.  By how quickly the leaves are changing am thinking the peak will be here sooner than later this year.  Perhaps because we have been so dry these past few months it is adding to the quickening of the color changes.  We have not had a killing frost.  Today we were in the 80's with a few pesky mosquitoes still around.  So in spite of the warm weather fall colors are here.


Well friends hoping your October is off to a great start.

Thank you for stopping by to say hi!

Hugs

Debbie


"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, his greatness no one can fathom."  Psalm 145:3 (NIV)

12 comments:

  1. Mosquitoes here too! Love the turning of the leaves.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying a slight break in the heat and humidity right now--and the October light is beautiful. I love the seasonal changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have beautiful colors too. And the same warm weather-it's glorious. Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Ohio in the fall. It is beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous autumn colors! Autumn is slow to arrive over here. Most trees in my city are still full in leaves. And hardly any autumn colors yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the colors are starting to show so beautifully in your area. I am seeing some Fall changes here too, little by little. I have never heard of a killing frost. Not sure what that is. I hope the October days bring you much peace and joy, Debbie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will savour fall through your photos. It's still warm and sunny here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you live in heavenly area dear Debbie
    lovely fall colors .
    i loved your phrase about beauty so true
    best wishes for the weather and days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos of the changing colors. Since I am in Venice I’m not sure what the colors are like back home. I hope some of the color last until we are back. Enjoy the colors🍁!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is no wonder that fall is so many peoples favorite season. Everything is so beautiful with lovely colors and crisp pleasant weather. Your photos have really captured this change in season. Lovely. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what we are proud of? Namely your satisfaction! Join now
    pragmatic88 login

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Favorite

 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize. As hubby commented spring is the be...