Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Morning's Light


 A morning's light in autumn is a lovely sight.

With the days becoming shorter it arrives later.

Perhaps that makes the dawn appear more fine.







Even the fields take on a special look with shadows that extend along the tree line. 







Autumn's shades of color look more brilliant in the  early morn.







There is an old hymn "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder" that contains the words "the morning breaks eternal, bright and fair -".   James Milton Black wrote the lyrics in 1893.  Just maybe he was enjoying an autumn's morning light as well.

Hope you are too!

Hugs

Debbie

 "he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning... 2 Samuel 23:4 (NIV)    



9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! Your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos and words. Your posts are always an oasis of calm in this troubled world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such lovely photos. Being surrounded by buildings here in Venice I don’t see those morning views. Keep enjoying them! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are enjoying Venice. Thank you for taking time to visit me. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  4. Debbie, you're right, the morning light makes the Autumn foliage even prettier. I took a drive around our town this morning to see the Fall around me, and it was such a pleasant drive. I love that photo of the tree line with the light, it really is pretty. It's always a pleasure to see the nature that is around your neck of the woods, Debbie. I appreciate it when you share it with us.

    Have a sweet October week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the beautiful photos and sharing "fall" with us. It has been a bit cooler here, but not really fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie, your photos are beautiful! Autumn has been late to arrive, but today is the first day of what seems to be a rainy week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. We have had a sudden drop in temperatures after some very warm temperatures so it is just really starting to feel more autumnal here. I was starting to worry that we might skip the season and go straight into winter. I have enjoyed looking at your autumn it always looks so lovely where you are. Best wishes for a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just posted a picture I took of the sunrise on Instagram this morning--there's just something hopeful about morning light.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Reminded

Seeing this lovely violet patch blooming reminded me that I had been wanting to gather a few.   Many years ago I had candied some to decorat...