Sunday, April 21, 2024

Favorite


 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize.

As hubby commented spring is the beginning of all the good things to come.  The trees are leafing out. As my previous post stated, the peach and cherry trees are blooming (in fact the peach has passed its prime and is shedding its final blossoms).   Now the azaleas are flowering...


 the dogwood tree...


and the bleeding heart.

It is not just the flowers that make spring my favorite time of the year.  There are the sounds of the birds as they call to their mates.  Catching the fragrance that comes from the first time one mows the lawn.  Rainy days that give way to sunny skies.  Hanging out sheets that dry in the breeze.  Placing hands in cool soil and planting those early seeds that will fill us with good things to eat.  



Well thank you for letting me share a few favorite things of my favorite season of the year.

Is springtime yours?   

Hugs

Debbie


"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land."  Song of Songs 2:12

12 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, such a lovely post thank you Yes I do love early spring as things come alive after winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what you are enjoying right now. I love spring because there is so much color and new plants popping out everywhere. I was just at the NY Botanical Gardens on Saturday and the cherry trees were in bloom, the tulips and daffodils, the lilac trees were starting to blossom, and the rhodies were starting to open too. It was a feast for the eyes! I hope you continue to have a full week with many things to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring!
    The flowers blooming are gorgeous this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the light of spring and the warming temperatures. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have mentioned so many good things about Spring, Debbie, especially the birds coming around again. The Robin has been visiting my lawn lately. That is the prettiest green vase with the purple flowers. Purple and green seem to go nicely together. And the dogwood tree is beautiful. I enjoy seeing the surroundings of your charming home, Debbie. Have a blessed week.

    ~Sheri

    **answering your question, Yes, I do like Spring, but Autumn is still my favorite season of all. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is nice for sure. I love to dry sheets on the line. I haven't done it in a while, either raining or blustery. I love baseball. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple flowers in the little green vase! Yes, spring is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie...Enjoyed seeing your blog. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Writing Straight from the Heart, today and for commenting, too. Please stop by anytime! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is my favorite too. I love hearing the peepers and tree frogs. And especially my robins. Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the flowers!!
    Happy Weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. You feel about spring the way I think about fall...the beginning of good things, i.e. the end of the heat and humidity of summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Reminded

Seeing this lovely violet patch blooming reminded me that I had been wanting to gather a few.   Many years ago I had candied some to decorat...