Monday, September 11, 2023

Savoring & Reflecting


 I am savoring the last few days of summer as well as reflecting on the past few months.  It seems like we were just turning the calendar to June and now it is September.


The hummers are still here but soon they will fly away to their winter home.







  

Enjoying the wonderful crop of tomatoes that continue to ripen.  Putting some away for the coming months.  It is wonderful to open a jar  and be reminded of sun-kissed days when cold blustery ones visit.





 As the days grow shorter will be spending more evenings reading.    It is wonderful to cozy up with something hot to drink and have a good book nearby.






May each of you find some time to savor and reflect the passing of this season.


Also hope you will join me in looking up and reflecting on all those who lost their lives or loved ones 22 years ago.  

God Bless

Debbie

"May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord."  Psalm 104:34 (NIV)

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you're getting ready for Fall!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hummer painting! Happy you are having cool weather. We will be waiting for that for a while! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. I saw a lot of reflections on blogs about the month of August. I can't manage to do it, but I think I just live one day at a time consciously, and that's okay too. It's now 8:05 PM here, and the sun has set. It will soon start to get dusky and darker. I can tell that summer is coming to an end.

    God Bless,
    Aritha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your homegrown tomatoes are so big and ripe, Debbie. There are so many wonderful things to make with them, or just eating plain with salt is delicious. It's nice that you have lots of books to read this Fall. Haven't read a good book in awhile, as the font in books is always too small for me. I think that's why I appreciate the bigger font in children's books. ; )

    Have a good September week. It's always nice coming to visit you, and seeing what's happening in your world.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savoring the last days of summer is a beautiful way of moving into the new season. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much to reflect on with the change of seasons on the horizon. I love the things that you're savoring at this time of year. I am planning to travel soon, and then I will have the time to savor what is in front of me. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the last days of summer. I am always glad when the heat starts to recede.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos, Debbie! I love your artwork! Enjoy the last summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some wonderful things to savor, Debbie. Enjoy your last days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's right, we look forward to autumn with a lot of hope and desire, especially after the hot summer that has ended up exhausting us all.
    Happy week.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Reminded

Seeing this lovely violet patch blooming reminded me that I had been wanting to gather a few.   Many years ago I had candied some to decorat...