Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Arrived

 

2023 has arrived.  The new year in our part of the world has been unseasonably warm.  Today we were close to 60 degrees.

Quite a change from two weeks ago when we had a blizzard and wind chills of 28 degrees below zero.

Whew how the weather keeps us on our toes!!

  How many of you have made your list of goals for the coming year?  Yes I have written down a few.  One being to do a weekly sketch page.







Another is to read more.  A quiet afternoon browsing the local library shelves last week gave me quite an armful of books.  Looks like this may be a good start.






Kathy at Hummingbird Studio just sent me this lovely New Year's card.  She is always creating something special.  Thinking making a few handmade cards might be one of those things that needs added to my to do list for 2023.





 Last but not least - training Kelsey to be a good companion.  She is still a work in progress but so am I.

Well dear friends praying all of you are having a great start to the New Year.

Would love to hear what plans you are making for 2023.

Hugs

Debbie

 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) 

10 comments:

  1. Good evening Debbie, my goal this year is not to be so hard on myself while learning to paint and draw-and just have fun-so that's what I am doing so far haha. I wish we had a library close by but they are too far of a drive so I end up buying books instead-good to have library-I love to read and do read allot.
    Happy New Year so glad you got the postcard too hugs your friend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you and yours. So many lovely photos and that beautiful puppy growing bigger by the minute. It has been warm here too, thankfully no blizzards not even a flake but it doesn't feel right for this time of year. Best wishes from this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making some handmade cards is a wonderful thing to do in the new year. You have a nice collection of books to read. Wow, I can't believe you were 28 below zero. We have had snow, rain, and winds. There was a big storm that came in yesterday and hit the valley with flooding. We didn't get it in the mountains, but we had another snowfall. The weather is fierce right now in many areas throughout the country. I hope the new year is being good to you so far, Debbie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goals are so good. I have been trying to set some as well. I have been making myself do some painting-trying for a little everyday. My husband did some raking in the yard today -our weather is so nice! Pup is looking very grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Debbie! Looks like you have some good goals for the year. My artistic goal is to try to experiment a little more with different materials and combine them with my watercolors. So far I haven't, lol, but the month is young! Have a wonderful and productive 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so looking forward to your weekly sketch page. And, to watching sweet Kelsey grow and learn. I hope you have a wonderful 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Debbie! I cannot even imagine what 28 degrees below zero feels like. I'm having a slow start to my year, but I'm OK with that. Taking my time to decide what I want to focus on, enjoying the process of thinking about last year and the year to come.
    Maybe when you're done training Kelsey you can come down here and help me train Luna...she's definitely still a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelsy is still so young, her adventures in training, I hope, give you more joy than not. Your goals look good. A sketch page. I might try that. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Debbie, Kelsy is so sweet! I love to make homemade cards, they are so fun to send out and give to others. I have a list of books to read as well. The list is always growing! Many blessings to you in this New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Reminded

Seeing this lovely violet patch blooming reminded me that I had been wanting to gather a few.   Many years ago I had candied some to decorat...