Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Treasures

Here are a few January treasures I am enjoying. 


A Baltimore oriole nest hanging from a branch.  Glad I took time to look up.




A hedgerow of dried weeds and grasses.  Gathered they make wonderful arrangements and great inspiration for sketching.






As you can see some made their way indoors. 



 Who doesn't enjoy a blue sky this time of the year...




or when the light peaks through the clouds.








  Naturally these two count as special treasures.  







Last but not least am enjoying this treasure of a book.  It was written during the pandemic by Bex Partridge.  A wonderful resource for all of us who like to gather and design with dried flowers.  


Well hope friends you will share some of your January treasures.

Take care and God Bless!

Debbie

"in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge ." Colossians 2:2b-3 (NIV)   

13 comments:

  1. Did you sketch the bunny and the chicken? Realistic! Good work. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed your post! I have never seen an oriole's nest they don't usually nest here but stop by for a short time during their migration. I have made homemade papers from dried weeds-your books looks interesting too. hugs from the lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. January has many treasures, when you look closely! I love your sketches! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal pages are gorgeous! We are having days of rain here and everything is sodden and muddy! I don't usually mind a bit of weather but normally there is a bit of a break in-between. I am trying to count my blessings of which I know there are many ;o) Your post is one, it's lovely to hear your cheery 'voice'. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pen and ink work is so good! It almost doesn't seem like January, with no snow and warmer temps. Makes it easy to gather stuff to draw and paint! Thank you so much for the prayers! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the Bible quote. Great photography too.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Kelsey looks so grown up now. Nice pictures, I've never seen a oriole's nest. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Debbie I loved the post absolutely!
    I did not know that you sketch. Oh loved looking at your art. The details are excellent.
    Like you I love a adore nature and its treasures
    Hugs and love blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your treasures and some of them that have been captured in your journal. You can find beautiful treasures almost everywhere. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful and thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. Love the photos and your comments. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool nest--I wouldn't have known what I was looking at. Love that you're sharing your simple pleasures and everyday adventures :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Windy & Stormy

 Finally after windy and stormy weather we are enjoying a lovely Sunday of blue skies.  April has certainly delivered several inches of rain...