Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sweet Treat

Good afternoon dear friends.   Thought I would share a sweet treat on this wintry Sunday.

It is simple to make.  My very own version of baked apples.

Jonagold are a great variety to eat and cook at this time of the year.   They are perfect for baking.

Selected two apples of about the same proportion...cored them almost to the bottom - then placed them in a foil lined pie plate (easy to clean)!




Then mix 2 Tblsp. each of brown sugar, old fashioned oats, and butter.   I just cut in the cold butter with a  fork.

Then place 1 Tblsp. of the mix in the center of each apple.  To make it extra special I added a Tblsp.  of toffee bits with a squirt of honey and just a little bit more butter on the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately an hour depending on the size and type of apple you use.



 

  This makes a great treat on a cold winter's day...whip cream or a dip of vanilla ice cream would make a wonderful accompaniment.





Speaking of a treat I think this fella might be wanting one as well.

Hope all of you are surviving the winter weather.  Thinking of my blogging friends along the East Coast and "looking up" for them.

Take care and have a wonderful week.

Hugs

Debbie 

"...they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb."  Psalm 19:10b (NIV) 

9 comments:

  1. Your recipe sounds delicious!!! Too bad I don't have any apples. Did you get any snow from this storm? We ended up with about 20 inches...more than I wanted. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I'm getting hungry now! Have a great week, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious, I think I will use this treat with bananas too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure that would be good as well. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Your baked apples look really good, Debbie. And nice and warm to eat on a cold Winter day. I sometimes bake apples on the stove with some butter and cinnamon if I don't have any sweets in the house. It give me a sugary treat. Your kitchen looks charming, and nice to do some cooking.
    You took a lovely photo of the blue jay. Yes, I'm just trying to stay warm inside, as the Winters here can be very cold. Have a blessed week, Debbie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! Might have to treat us :o) just the thing for a cold day. Five a day and all that....

    Wishing you a warm and creative week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sort of a reverse apple crisp! Yum. Did you share with the blue jay?!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Favorite

 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize. As hubby commented spring is the be...