Sunday, February 6, 2022

Turn


Everyday we are given a choice to turn.  It may mean a change of direction, a new plan or a different attitude.

With our winter weather having been such a challenge these last two weeks discouragement had been clouding my mood.






Walking on a cold morning was not something that appealed but two furry friends would not be denied.  They wanted outdoors.


As we made our way around the field and turned towards home I found myself captivated by the most spectacular scene.  It made me come back to the house and grab the camera.







The sun was rising above the tree tops and casting lovely blue shadows along the woods.







It continued to rise and shine so bright.  In that moment my spirit took an upward turn.   Such beauty was meant to be enjoyed.  Even though winter is not a favorite season of mine there are still beautiful blessings to be found.   One just needs to look around and make a small turn.  

Speaking of  turn - how many of you remember the song "Turn! Turn! Turn!" written by Pete Seeger and recorded by the Byrds?  It was based on the 3rd chapter of Ecclesiastes.


Thought I would share this song with you to close.   Have a wonderful week and don't forget to take a moment to " turn".   Hugs Debbie

 


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."  Eccl. 3:1-8 (NIV) 











15 comments:

  1. I always loved that song. I miss the 'old' music from that era. Wonderful pictures of a bright day and the sunshine that will filter into our lives if we allow it to happen. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. To feel uplifted by the beauty around you to share and inspire others, that is beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful light, what a treat! I remember the song well and have always loved it. Hugs, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, beautiful post-There is nothing so uplifting than to watch the sunrise-when we lived in our woods home it was situated that from indoors we never saw the moon or the sun rise or set. Here at the lake I feel so blessed to enjoy the sunrise every morning from our windows-such a good feeling for the day--hugs and happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet the scene was even more lovely in person than in the beautiful photos. Wishing you a very happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THAT SONG DEBBIE! Thanks for letting me hear it this morning again. I'm glad you walked a little farther than you wanted to with those precious dogs cause look what you saw in nature! Such a beautiful view, and the sun was smiling through the trees. These are such wonderful photos, and I love the pink that they brought when you downloaded them.

    Have a nice February week, Debbie. Now, I will listen to that song again. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first photo of the sun rising above the trees is spectacular. You never know what a small turn will bring to us. I am listening to the song as I am responding...it has always been a favorite of mine. Thanks you for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful week. Here's hoping that there will be more turns that uplift your spirits this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that song , haven't heard it for ages , thanks for posting it. Your photos are spectacular, made me wish I were an early morning riser :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, the sun through the trees provides extraordinary images.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful scenery and I love the quote from Ecclesiastes. It's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing those photographs, it looks so breathtakingly beautiful. The snow looks so serene...as do your walking companions (i'm sure they must have had at least a five minute zoomies in the snow). My dogs walks here have been mostly muddy and grey with the odd sunny day. I noticed so much birdsong this morning so I feel it is moving in the right direction. I need to thank you for the apple idea too - most delicious and warming :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful post. I love how God gives us just what we need at the exact time we need it. His timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the light and the shadows are outstanding~ beautiful tree art on the snow~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post, Debbie, ending with that most amazing verse and melody. Truly, it is Harmony Hills you are sharing with us...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

A Delightful Challenge

 Kathy at  Catching Happiness  has created a Daily Delight challenge for the month of May.  She and I have been blogging buddies for years. ...