Sunday, November 7, 2021

Laughs


Sometimes I wonder if God laughs when he sees our feeble attempt to control time.

In this part of the country this weekend  Day Light Savings Time ended for the year.




This setting the clocks backward or forward every autumn and spring makes me stop and scratch my head.  There is only as much daylight available for whatever season we are in.


Many years ago the organist at my childhood church got confused about changing the time.  It just happened Day light Savings began that year on Easter Sunday.  When she didn't arrive we assumed she had forgotten to "spring forward" and she would be an hour late. 




No she was two hours late and the services were over.  

To her chagrin she had remembered the time change but instead of setting her clock forward she set it backward.

It made for a great laugh among the congregation.

Wonder how many times this scenario has happened to others??

I realize that this playing with the clocks doesn't occur everywhere in the country or for that matter the world; but for those of us who live in the land of silly let us laugh with God!

Have a blessed week! 

Hugs

Debbie


"The One enthroned in heaven laughs; Psalm 2:4a  (NIV)




   

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful autumn photos. I enjoyed the cute story of your organist and her tussle with daylight savings time changes. I'm sure He does chuckle sometimes at our human foibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me it is a pretty silly idea and I do think God is up there getting a chuckle out of the confusion it causes down here. lol I still have to change the time on my alarm clock but I need to read the pamphlet that came with the clock to figure out how to reset it. There is also an automatic Daylight Savings setting I could use if I could figure it out. I hope you have your time straightened out and continue to enjoy the colors of autumn. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun story-I wish they wouldn't change the clocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the land of silly, isn't that the truth? I have had similar things happen to me
    throughout the years when I forgot to change the clock and was late or early to something.
    Oh, what are people thinking.....we can't fool nature. It's the one thing that is pure and clean
    and good. Your pictures are lovely, Debbie, and I love that first one of your dog.

    ~Sheri

    *ps.....I think this clock change may be easier for the farmers in some way, and I do appreciate
    our farmers. But for me, it is confusing, indeed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same thing happened to me once, instead of putting the clock forward I put it back, and was 2 hours late . Yes, I too think it is really silly !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the changing of the clocks is insane .... and since only some places change the clocks ... it gets mighty confusing!! LOVE all the fall captures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing the photos of autumn. I've always hated it when I forget about the fall change and end up at church an hour early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree it's time to stop this time changing routine! I love your fall colors-we weren't so colorful this year. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are gorgeous. I have to admit I enjoy the extra light in the mornings when we turn the clock back at this time as I hate going to work in the dark. It should be against the law to have to leave the house so early.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a clock that automatically changes. HOWEVER, it is so old that it changes on the date the time USED to change! So I have to be aware so that I'm not caught off guard. We also always forget to change the clock in the car, so when we got home yesterday I said, "It's lunch time already. I didn't realize we'd been out so long." 😜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just one of those little, ridiculous things about being a human! Our pets are quite confused about dinner time this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a funny story! I am disillusioned with the daylight savings time as well. It is just so hard on everyone, and animals too! You shared some gorgeous pictures of fall in your countryside, and what a beautiful dog you have too :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny story...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Windy & Stormy

 Finally after windy and stormy weather we are enjoying a lovely Sunday of blue skies.  April has certainly delivered several inches of rain...