Sunday, February 12, 2023

Eleven Years

It was eleven years ago on a Sunday, February 12, 2012 that this blog began.

I can remember being a bit apprehensive hitting that publish button for the first time. 

Bet lots of you felt that way too when you wrote your first post.

There is something exciting as well as scary putting yourself out there for strangers to read your thoughts and make comments.

What is wonderful though, is those strangers become your friends.

       


They share their lives...their creative ideas...







their hopes and dreams.  They visit you and fill your life with encouragement.






Reflecting back over the past eleven years I can say my life is so much richer for having pushed that first publish button.  If I had not, I would not have all of you for friends and that would make me poor indeed.





Kelsey  at almost 9 months

 Thank you for your faithful visits and taking time to share your journey in this life with me.


God Bless

Debbie




"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  John 15:13 (NIV)

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember being a bit anxious hitting that publish button. But, that's what we do. I think my blog friends are some of the bravest women around. And I'm so glad I came across your blog, Debbie. I appreciate your friendship very much. I love that shadow photo, and your sweet dog.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Thank you!

    You have been an inspiration.
    I remember you posted the first comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so happy to have met you in blogland, Debbie! Love your flower painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and happy bloggoversary to you. I have enjoyed very much visiting over the years, I like our strolls in your countryside. It always feels to me like I have stopped over for a chat and a cuppa at the kitchen table when I visit a blogging friend - as you know there is always a seat at mine. Best wishes for a lovely day and here's to the next 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blog anniversary. I started a blog back when I retired in 2003-we had moved down to Missouri and I didn't know anyone so it was nice-I was on a different platform back then-I still prefer blogging over the other social media platforms
    Lovely watercolor photos! glad we met here in blogland Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary, Debbie! It is wonderful that we have a way connect with people this way and have our relationships turn into friendships. It makes the world seem a little smaller and a lot nicer. I am so glad we connected and have been able to be encouraging and supportive to each other. Have a wonderful week! ((Hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, I always look forward to your posts, art and photos. I was never able to keep a diary or journal and since I started my blog in 2006 I have kept it up. With friends like you it is easy to write away...... my world opens more every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on those 11 years and for many more years publishing and enjoying those beautiful posts and everything you tell us.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy our friendship, and we would never have met if there was no Blogger. We have been through a lot 'together.' You have always inspired me in art and have been an encourager in so may ways. I thank God for our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Debbie, it is always a pleasure to come here and read your gentle words. We, too, are richer for having you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blog anniversary, Debbie! Your posts are always lovely. I'm grateful to have you as a blogging buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Debbie, for being such a faithful reader/commenter on my Another Perfect Day blog. It helps me keep on keeping on. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Favorite

 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize. As hubby commented spring is the be...