Sunday, February 19, 2023

Unusual


Because our weather has been so unusual this February it doesn't feel like winter.

There was a bit of chill in the air but it seems more like March than February.






Even though there is no snow - still enjoy a warm cozy meal of old-fashioned bean soup and cornbread with a bit of honey.  Makes a great Sunday lunch.                                                 



I have featured this old shed in my posts quite often.  Amazing how it has withstood blustery winds and wild storms but continues to stand firm.  Hubby has repaired and painted it quite often over the years.  There is not much stored inside but am sure it would be missed by all the little creatures that find refuge underneath.  Last thing that I saw living there was a bunny...perhaps more than one:)!

Certainly makes a wonderful spot for the dogs to sniff around. 



Still working on sketchbook project for the year.  Due to being busy at work and on kitchen renovation had fallen behind.  Did some catching up this afternoon.









Schindler kept me company.  He always looks for a soft spot to rest.  Who says he isn't spoiled!

Well other than the weather being unusual most everything else seems ordinary.

Have a blessed week.

Hugs

Debbie

P.S.  Thank you all for your sweet comments on my previous post.

"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail," Job:38:22 (NIV)

16 comments:

  1. Your bean soup with cornbread and honey sounds perfect on a cold Winter day. I like that old shed, and it's nice that you keep it around, even if it's for the critters who are freezing during the cold months. I bet the dogs love to roam around the shed to see if there's anything interesting inside. I hope you enjoy the rest of the February days, Debbie. I appreciate your lovely blog posts, if I haven't told you lately. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shed, has a picturesque picture, here February is not being very cold, it seems that the harshness of winter has already passed.
    Happy week.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schindler. Did you name him after the hero?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, perfect lunch. We had beans and rice with homemade tortillas and chile. Very similar. Your post is a lovely start to my week. I like the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, we had bean soup too over the weekend-. cool shed for photos too, glad you are finding time for art again-Have a good new week hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunnies Under the Shed sounds like a children's book title. I can imagine your beautiful illistrations and words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. Love that barn and I bet if there was ONE rabbit there were a whole lot more somewhere nearby. lol. Making soup today as we prepare for a big, blustery snowstorm. Love your sketchbook-you are very talented. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rabbits live under my garden shanty too. I filled the space underneath with stones, but the rabbits have found a way to get through them. I click and enlarge your wonderful journal pages so I can enjoy them more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter seems to have taken a holiday...although I did hear "a mix of rain and snow" as an upcoming forecast this week. I love those pages in your sketchbook, especially those little scenes! Enjoy your week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sketching and painting. I am working on a letter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very unusual weather here too. I am so afraid we will have more "winter" weather and kill all the buds and flowers that have opened way too early. Your sketchbook is beautiful. I love your pretty day bed. No wonder Schindler loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sketches! Weather here is mild as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sketching is something I ought to do more of .... your sketchbook has inspired me to dust off mine. Love that shed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I might want to come to yours for lunch it looks tasty - can I put in a side order of puppy snuggles? ;o) It hasn't felt cold enough for February here either - I keep expecting Winter to pounce. Best wishes for a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. no doubt weather on our planet has been acting so differently since few years and with each new years the difference is getting bigger which seems scary sometimes
    your baking looks cozy and tasty my friend :) your home looks comfy and relaxing so is your pet .
    beautiful sketch Debbie !
    health ,peace and joy to you and loved ones

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your sketchbook! Your drawings and paintings are always so lovely. Your puppy looks all grown up now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Favorite

 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize. As hubby commented spring is the be...