Sunday, August 15, 2021

Butterflies and Other Lovely Gifts


 August has brought us butterflies and other lovely gifts.

I spotted this Monarch on today's afternoon walk .  Are not these purple thistles a pretty lavender color?





The black Swallowtail was gathering his nourishment from the clover as we traveled by.







These lilies must have offered the perfect spot to attract another visitor to stop and enjoy a drink.





Our peach tree is full this month and gifting us with the sweetest of fruits.  

Iron Weed and Golden Rod make such a complimentary duo.  They are two wildflowers that grow together in August's meadow.





Speaking of twosomes - Schindler and Shelby are generally close by.  Today's walk was no exception.

Thank you for letting me share some of this day's lovely gifts.

Hope everyone has a delightful week.

Hugs
Debbie

"As it is written: "He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever."  2 Cor. 9:9 (NIV) 








11 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL imags! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies are having a field day on my Buddleia bushes and Echinacea! 🦋

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pretty butterflies and flowers. You have 2 very lovely companions joining you on your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to peek into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, please enjoy all the gifts that August brings. I Leo the photos of the ones you have enjoyed so far. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning! I love my 'walks' in your part of the world! Not so different from our part! I think we have had more rain than you-getting more this week from Fred.
    Your furry friends are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty photo of the butterflies. What a wonderful peach tree you have.
    Oh, it would be so nice to be able to pick ripe peaches whenever you want.
    You can make so many Yummy treats with them. Your dogs look like they
    are enjoying their walk with you . You have many lovely gifts on here today,
    Debbie. Have a blessed week.

    ~Sheri

    *oh, I wanted to tell you that was my next door neighbor's bird feeder that I took
    a picture of. The hummingbirds come around it in the morning hours. I don't
    have a feeder, but it delights me when I see the hummingbird in nature just
    fluttering about. Sometimes I see them on my bridal wreath plant hovering over
    it, and it makes me happy. Also, thank you for your prayers for the fires that are
    going on in Calif. right now. They are terrible, and I continue to pray. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to have a peach tree, and so filled with fruit. I would make a lot of jam , one of my favorites :-)) Lots of beautiful gifts in your life , wish you a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your peach tree!!! That is amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty summer photos! I'll bet those peaches are delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Windy & Stormy

 Finally after windy and stormy weather we are enjoying a lovely Sunday of blue skies.  April has certainly delivered several inches of rain...