Wednesday, December 19, 2012

weeping and great mourning

  "When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.   Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: "A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."   Matthew 2:16-18 (NIV)


                         This too is a time of weeping and great mourning - won't you join me as I look up for all those who are grieving in Newtown, Conn. tonight.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I will join you, Debbie.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. From time immemorial. I will join you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, Deb ...it's a heavy-heart kind of time ... sad to say ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been such a sad time for our country. I pray for all who have lost their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes our country is heartbroken during what is supposed to be such a joyful time. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a terrible tragedy! It will take a lot of love and courage to get through this. I'm praying also for all those involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is heartbreaking to watch the affected families. I pray for them that they have the strength to survive this horror. May the love and care of all of us help them. I am sure those little angels are in a heavenly place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Debbie. I'm praying with you. love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. As we look to the east, with hearts heavy and broken, we can only hope that this is the last time for us to lose our children like this. So beautifully shared today, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes dear Debbie, I will join you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts are also with the children at the school and how they will cope in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...