Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Joy versus Happiness

Been pondering the difference between happiness and joy.  Happiness seems a bit fickle.  It buzzes in when the " sun shines" and buzzes out "when it starts to rain".  Joy on the other hand will surprise us.  Happiness leaves us wanting more.  Joy gives contentment.   It can be found in a stranger's smile, a loved one's hug, warm memories shared with a friend, a lovely sunset, a single tulip, a job well done, an encouraging word, a prayer, a creative moment, a song.  It is found in a life well lived. 

Hope all of you are surprised today with joy!

Joyous
    

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and paintings. I like your work - looking forward to exploring your blog. Thanks for visiting mine, and for the sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to see me. I loved your blog - will be following it. Have a Blessed Day - Debbie

      Delete
    2. Hi Debbie, yes joy and happiness , two good feelings, and I was happy to learn yesterday that some test I was worried about turned out just fine... See? Joy and happiness , and prayers certainly helped , good thoughts from all my loving friends online and now ON With the Surgery !!! Hip/Leg , that will be a good thing.. Tues.. I'll be fine, I just know it..
      BJ

      Delete
    3. Barbra so glad for your good news - that brings me joy today. I will continue to pray for your surgery on Tues. Love Debbie

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Very pretty painting! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now following you and look forward to seeing your new paintings. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Favorite

 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize. As hubby commented spring is the be...