Sunday, November 30, 2014

"Ah Moments!"

If you are like me this time of the year finds one searching for some "Ah Moments!"

Yesterday I found a few.










Hubby and I along with my brother and sister- in- law traveled to Cambridge Ohio to Dickens Victorian Village.

There are 92 displays of Dickens characters that line the main street of this small tourist spot.

In the center of  town a lovely courthouse stands.   For the coming holiday season the villagers had decorated it with dancing lights and choreographed it with Christmas music.   Amazing site to see.








  They begin this show at 5:30 pm and it goes until 10:00 pm every evening from November 1st until Jan 3rd.









A great deal of work goes into each of the mannequins.  All this is done by a group of creative volunteers.   There are a few who will do repairs that might occur from any weather damage...others create the faces, sew the costumes, etc.  It is an all year long project.   Each figure takes about 40 hours to complete.   Quite an awesome task.


Horse drawn carriage rides are available as well as trolley tours and self guided ones. A few quaint shops are open that boast  unique gift ideas for someone's Christmas list.  Several good eating spots are located along the main street.

It is certainly a lovely place to visit and find an "Ah Moment!"

Speaking of Ah Moments...think I may have just spotted another one.    A cup of tea and a good book . Yes that sounds like a great one too.


Hope all of you will find a couple of "Ah Moments" during this busy season of the year.  


God Bless!




23 comments:

  1. We are so lucky to have these "ah moments" thanks for sharing yours and here's wishing in 2015 that some come to those in troubled areas in the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, these are splendid and beautiful moments...thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Friend! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, ours was splendid! I have a couple of those "ah" moments on my schedule before the month gets away! I love your photos of the Dickens Village. The lights are really pretty! Happy to see you're having a little 'me' time after your busy holiday gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos....the first photo was definitely an "ah moment"...thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little towns that do something unusual for the holidays. It really helps you get into the spirit. Thanks for sharing your "ah moments."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful....and yes a cup of tea and a book...the perfect ahhhh moment! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Christmas Lights! I love Christmas lights, one of my favorite "ah" moments. I plan (and you know how those go) to take several drives up here with hubs and a couple down in Redlands and San Bernardino with my sister to see the lights. I missed doing that last year. Those Dickens characters are amazing, too. I agree, though, right up there with the Christmas lights for "ah" moments are cups of tea and good books.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so interesting Debbie!! I need to check this place out! It's funny....you were in Cambridge Ohio and I was in Cambridge Indiana..lol! Thanks for the info...ken and I would love to see this! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time. We did find some ah moments yesterday when we took our grandson to a movie and then to eat. Good time together. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh that sounds brilliant. I love anything like that and thank you for sharing with us your big and small special moments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would so love this!!! An "Aaaahhh" moment, indeed! Love the lit Victorian house too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a wonderful attraction. Lots of work and in that weather also!

    I did the cup of tea and book thing yesterday too. Great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are good "Ah" moments, especially the hot tea and good book!
    Have a wonderful week, Debbie!
    Kathryn XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. that looks like such a fun little village to visit and it sounds amazing with the amount of work they put in. Thanks for sharing your Ah moments with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are so many AH Moments in this period, and the ones you are showing certainly are ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm having one right now...reading your post and drinking my afternoon tea! The village looks like lots of fun, and a great way to kick off the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday, my friend. How great that it fell on Thanksgiving and you were surrounded by so many people you loved.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not yet, not yet, but hopefully soon. Enjoy your special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I officially feel into the Christmas Spirit now with your lovely post! What an exciting place to visit and see. Charles Dickens always makes me think of Christmas, and it looks like the weather added a bit of seasonal flavor, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Debbie, thank you for sharing wonderful photos and a post. Very heart warming. You, too, enjoy life fully! Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a treat. Nothing fills one with Christmas spirit like Charles Dickens and Victorian England. We have a Dickens Festival nearby each year that is so fun and delightful, it makes me want to learn how to make plum pudding and cook up a Goose! (Don't tell Fionna Goosefeathers I said that)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Charles Dickens gets me thinking of Christmas, hope you have many more moments like this during this busy time of year! a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very interesting post Debbie! I loved visiting the town through your eyes! So Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...