Sunday, November 10, 2013

Keeping it Simple

Sometimes keeping something simple is the best way.

Baked apples are a delicious dessert that can be prepared and enjoyed in less than an hour.

The ingredients are easily found.

Four apples (I used Ida Reds)...peeled and cored.   1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp. of cinnamon, 1 tsp. of nutmeg mixed together...1/2 cup of apple juice (cider is much better) heated and four tsp. of butter is all that is needed.

Fill each hole in the apple with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg mixture. Then top with 1 tsp. of butter on each apple and pour the heated cider over the top.   Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25-35 min.  basting occasionally with the cider mixture.







Served warm with a scoop of a vanilla ice cream makes this a delightful dessert sure to please.












Thank you letting me share this simple dish.    Hope you have a blessed day!

15 comments:

  1. I love baked apples. I agree simple is is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds, simple, sweet and delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love baked apples. Now you've made me hungry for them...I think I'll go and pop several in the oven. I love the painting of the apple; interesting perspective.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your watercolor sketch! Beautiful work!!

    I have never made baked apples, but this looks delicious and I will make them. Thanks for passing on the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple painting is sooo good as is the recipe. I use Bramleys and don't know if you can get them, they are very tart, and I put in mincemeat (do you get that, we put it in mince pies and is a sweet mix not beef)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it has been years since I had a baked apple and you've reminded me how yummy they are. As always, my eyes go to the art and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a dessert, fast and delicious ! Like Crimson Leaves I was reminded how good it tastes. Your paintings are great too, awesome shadowing . Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first glance, I thought that apple was real, then I realized it was your painting! Lovely work dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dessert looks perfect for this time of year, so warm and cozy and of course I love your drawings, a peek into your sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband loves to create desserts like this one. Alas, I am more of a chocolate freak than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sketch. You have my mouth watering!!! Enjoy the day...and your baked apples.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to let you know Debbie, I made this last night for my family and it was scrumptious!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, this is a wonderful post! I love the photos, the recipe, the painting, and just the very wholesome and pleasant idea of apples in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Haven't had baked apples in years. What a delightful treat your post is.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...