Sunday, August 4, 2024

A Certain Vibe


 August has a certain vibe.  It does not take the turn of the calendar to let one know it has arrived.

For many years it was one of the least favorite months for me.  There was the realization that summer was winding down and the holiday spirit that marked the beginning of the season was disappearing.

Now though, I have come to appreciate August.  I welcome the cicadas and the crickets' songs.  When night comes they remind me that they have been missing up until this time.



The appearance of Queen Anne's Lace, 








purple iron weed popping up and










these apples getting ready to drop are all incredible blessings that come during August's visit.








Also all the hard work that was done in the early months is beginning to bear fruit.  

Yes friends, each moment we must look for joy because these days follow the last and they too will pass.

So let us celebrate August.  God Bless!

Debbie

"However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all. " Eccl. 11:8a (NIV) 

9 comments:

  1. I always felt the same about August. It moves us closer to the winter months and I dread that. Age has a way of making you appreciate each month and seasons a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get why you felt that way about August back in the day. For me, it meant the end of summer and going back to school. But like you, it is now a magical time of the year. Harvest season and the beginning of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like August better if it wasn’t so hot and humid, but that’s what you get here in the Ohio Valley area! These photos remind me of all that is there to enjoy, even in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Celebrate the light, heat and life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was younger August brought thoughts of the end of summer and the return to school. That lasted most of my adult life since I was a teacher. lol Now that I'm retired I'm more relaxed and appreciate it more. Have a wonderful week. I hope it isn't too hot by you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in such a beautiful green spot! I am enjoying your photos! Living in a city I crave green and wide views.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you're able to appreciate each season's gifts. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. August is a pleasant month, although, sometimes too hot. Your tomatoes are growing nicely, and I love seeing the apple tree in your yard. When you mentioned the cicadas, I smiled. Nel told me she used to hear them all the time when she lived in Georgia. I hope the rest of the August days are pleasant ones, Debbie. It's so nice to see nature around your neck of the woods.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. August gets pretty hot here in central Texas... I'm SO looking forward to Fall!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Break Time

(Kelsey is taking a break)  It is break time.   End of summer and beginning of autumn calls for a little rest.  Will be back in a couple of ...