Sunday, September 5, 2021

Last Holiday


Tomorrow marks the last holiday of summer in the USA.  

Unfortunately not everyone will have the day off.  For those of us who do - we will celebrate the last hurrah of the season.

Labor Day officially became a federal holiday in 1894 although the first time it was celebrated was in 1882.

As American workers we can thank the labor unions who fought for the right to a 40 hr. work week with vacation and paid benefits.  It cost many their livelihood and even their lives.  Because they cared I get to enjoy the legacy they left behind.  I am grateful.  Will be remembering them tomorrow  - hope those of you who enjoy the day off will remember them as well. 

Have a blessed week.

Hugs

Debbie

"They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."  Psalm 145:7 (NIV)


12 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day.... and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - hope your Labor day was good. Ours went very fast. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. A blessed week to you, Debbie
    I think it would be nice to change Labor Day to the middle of September to mark the unofficial end of summer. Climate change thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your holiday. We have one coming up on Wednesday but I have the whole week off and it's so nice to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Lin - been missing your posts. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Happy Labor Day, Debbie! The wildflowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this info. about Labor Day, Debbie. I was just telling a blog friend that I so
    relate to the 1800's era - the strong women who did so much to help their family have a
    better life. And the strong men who had great endurance at their jobs as well. I appreciate
    this time period very much.

    Have a good September week, Debbie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Labor Day, Debbie. We were blessed to have so many who worked so hard in the past to get us a safer, better work environment. I appreciate all the people who don't have the day off and are working to keep the rest of us happy. Enjoy the rest of the day. Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoyed the holiday, Debbie. We always enjoy this holiday, as it marks the beginning of the end of summer here. Now if we can make it through September without any hurricanes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers inspire and encourage me today. Blessings and hugs to you dear Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe it's the last summer holiday already! Fall is a lovely time of year, but spring and summer went too fast! I hope all is well on the farm...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Favorite

 This certainly has to be my favorite season of the year.  I do adore autumn but spring takes the prize. As hubby commented spring is the be...