Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Art on the Green"

  Hudson, Ohio hosts Art on the Green every year in August.   Artists from all over the state display their work.   It is a juried show.   The art ranges from  acrylics, jewelry, oils, photography, pottery, watercolors and a variety of crafts.    There is food and drink available.   It is a festive atmosphere.  So much to see.
The town itself is a lovely place to visit.  In the square there is a Gazebo.
 
 
 
President Lincoln stopped here on his way to Washington for his first inaugural.   A crowd of 6000 greeted him at the old Hudson Depot.  
 
The art show is situated in the shady part of the town.       
 
 
 
 Dick and I have been coming here for several years.   He knows it is something I look forward to at the end of summer. 
How quickly the day goes.   It is wonderful to see so much talent in one place.   I come home tired but inspired.      
    
 
 

Hope you find some inspiration too!    
God Bless  
 

10 comments:

  1. What a fab event and lovely day out. If only I could be "beamed" over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like such a fun day! I think walking around in the heat and humidity would do me in though. I wish I had some of the energy and zest I used to have. I hope you had a blast! Love that final photo too, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Hudson once or twice, and it really is a charming little town! I wish I had known about the art show! Your sunflower painting is gorgeous and I like what you wrote about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just came by to have a peek and am glad I did!
    That is such a lovely Gazebo! It looks so peaceful! I would love to sit there and read a book!

    Thanks for sharing



    ciao bella
    sensible sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love going to art festivals...and shows...there really is an abundance of talents and inspiration to see. I always come home absolutely refreshed and ready to make art.
    Thanks for sharing.



    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place for an art show. I hope that, as the weather cools, I will start to find my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely town-it must have been lots of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shows like that! Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, Debbie! Did you exhibit, or were you spectating? Reminds me of the Dogwood Azalea Festival that we go to...:)
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, my Dear!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your enjoyed the blue moon and the art show!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Precious

 Life is made of up of precious moments.  Sometimes they come in a glimpse of a striking bird...  a surprise blossom blooming underfoot... o...