Sunday, August 16, 2026

Rain





 We have had so much rain during the first part of August that our fields look like it is June.  It may be time to build an ark and start rounding up the animals (LOL)!   Seriously though, there are many folks struggling with floods and bad storms.  My heart goes out to them.  



The end of July flew by and August has had its challenges.

 My brother was tending a brush fire a little over a week ago.  Something exploded and he sustained 2nd degree burns to his right arm and leg.  Perhaps many of you may have experienced such pain.  The "scrubbing" they have to do to make sure there is no infection is extremely painful.  So please if you would remember my brother James in your thoughts and prayers I would so appreciate it.  We are being told it may take 21 weeks before he is fully recovered.


On a lighter note the garden is flourishing with all this rain and I am hearing there may be a sunny day or two coming our way next week.

Take care and God Bless  - will be back around visiting each of you soon.

Hugs!

Debbie

"...He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."  Matt:5:45b (NIV)

10 comments:

  1. Dear Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James will certainly be in my prayers for quick and painless healing, Debbie! I don't know if you are in this pernicious heat wave, but if you are, please stay cool. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your brother. So very painful and takes forever to heal. Hope it goes well. Your photos are lovely and the drawing is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i am sorry for your brother got those burns dear Debbie!
    i could relate immediately as both of my arms have had burns around eight and six years ago or even more but i still have marks despite applying specific creams . i will keep your brother in my prayers my friend and may he feel better by the grace of God! i know how extremely painful it feels !!
    nice that your area is having rains ,Islamabad is having rain too including different parts of the country and it has become easy to get out because sun is too harsh otherwise
    your art is SPLENDID❤️and sunflower is delightful! hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to hear about your brother. Sending prayers for his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't be upset if you sent some of that rain to Texas! Its dusty dry here where we live...
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debbie, I'm sorry to hear this about your brother. I just whispered a prayer for him. I hope he heals nicely, and that sounds like a long time to recover from such a burn. So glad you are getting rain. We usually get some in the fall at one time or another. I hope you have good August days remaining, and I am so looking forward to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we were getting rain on and off-to keep everything watered nicely-but this month-soooo hot and humid no rain. Love your painting-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of rain up there in your area for sure. Will pray for James. I love the yellow bird and sunflower. So pretty! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your brother's burns. I will keep him in my prayers. Right now everything is so green here too. We have had some storms with a lot of thunder and rain, but mainly overnight and clearing by morning. Luckily we haven't had much severe flooding. I know we needed the rain, but there are so many places with horrible flooding and other places with terrible fires. I hope the rest of August brings us a bit of sunshine and less humidity. I love the bird painting! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Rain

 We have had so much rain during the first part of August that our fields look like it is June.  It may be time to build an ark and start ro...