Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Miracles


So often we take for granted those precious miracles that make up our days.

On returning from the mail box last week, I spotted this sweet Mama Thrush resting peacefully in her shady hide away.
Is it not amazing how they build such intricate nests and place them so they can withstand wind and rain?


Sunday afternoon, found these precious wee ones just getting ready to leave their home.  They were residing at our front door... Phoebe fledglings.  There were three.  As I prepared to snap another photo they took a flying leap.  Two fluttered past me. 
The third landed at my feet.


What a tiny miracle.

Hoping you are finding a miracle or two in your day.

Have a lovely end to the week.

Hugs

Debbie

"You are the God who performs miracles;" Psalm 77:14 a (NIV)  

11 comments:

  1. That is so precious!
    I'm glad you've had that experience with the birds. It is amazing how tiny they are to survive storms.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracles for sure. Great photos, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always thrilling to watch a nest. Robins used to build a nest right by my front door every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds are amazing parents! It is such a privilege when you can watch them construct a nest and raise their young!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how precious. I used to see the Phoebe's all the time back in my old town. I hope they are ok, and fly away and grow up strong and sing their song for many. Thanks for sharing, Debbie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaah, such a precious blogpost. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo of mama sitting on the nest. Those little ones are small miracles. Thanks for noticing them, and sharing them with us. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... so cute! Right now, I'm enjoying spotting the fawns born to our resident deer this year. And catching glimpses of previous years' young bucks with their fuzzy antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sweet small miracles are my favorite kind. We have new fawns and baby rabbits and a second batch of baby robins just left my side door wreath. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute babies! The parent birds work so hard I bet they will be glad of a break soon now they are fledging. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Never Grow Old

There are certain things that never grow old.   Like a morning sunrise... a cheery flower bed... a basket full of  sun ripened tomatoes...  ...