Monday, June 10, 2024

Finished


 It is hard to believe the first week of June is finished.  Time goes so fast.  Am making notes of what is making a show these first few days of the month.  It is always pleasant when the calendar turns to winter to have reminders of  this lovely season of the year.  

.


Clematis is just beginning to bloom and it should last several weeks but its visit never seems long enough.











    The Larkspur and the the orange daylilies just happened to pop up together (an unplanned surprise).  Glad they decided to keep each other company.

Hosta brings a pleasing note to a shady spot in the garden.  Seems remarkable that a large leaf plant can produce such delicate blooms.











Well am off to do a bit of sketching.

Hope everyone enjoyed the first week of June.

Hugs

Debbie


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."  2 Tim. 4:7 (NIV)  



  














12 comments:

  1. I love seeing the photos of your flowers and area. Thank you. Your sketches are so touching. Thanks for those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your flowers are so pretty. Your sketches are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are enjoying the season. Same here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are so pretty!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the prettiest sky photo, Debbie. It seems that the months are going by fast this year. I like the Purple color of the Larkspur. And the verse your shared is so special.

    Happy June days, dear friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers.
    The clemantis around here, I've notice that there are many in full bloom like it is summer already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice to see your sketches of these delicate flowers. We have quite a bit of flowers popping up. I just sketched some roses at the Arboretum that were growing along the trellises. Today I saw the beginnings of lavender and can't wait for that fragrance. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why my comment is coming up as "Anonymous." It is mine.

      Delete
  8. Your flowers are beautiful. And I LOVE the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sketchings! And enjoying the beautiful flowers in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading the end of your first week of June as I come to the end of the second! How time is rushing by, especially as the pace is picking up in the garden finally. I looked in my notebook from last year and saw how the first blackberries were just starting to show (they were very early) but this year the flowers are just starting to open. Wishing you a lovely mid June.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your flowers, too, as another commenter posted. You have so many varieties I don't see here. It's so fun to go outside and see what new thing has bloomed.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Heat Wave

 In spite of the persistent heat wave these tender poppies continue to bloom.   I had always read that they prefer cool weather but they are...