Sunday, May 19, 2024

More


 In keeping with this month's challenge (as I posted previously) sharing a few more delights.

This peony has to be one.  I planted it a couple of years ago and each spring it does not fail to deliver the most lovely blooms.  For the life of me, unable to remember the name.  As you can see in the above pictures it has different colors...soft yellows and peachy tones.










It certainly makes me want to stop and savor its beauty.





















Something else making me smile is the "bunny cart".  Spent a bit of time yesterday planting a few pansies and snapdragons so he would not be lonely.  He appeared much happier with the extra company. 



















     Finally this little fella (a thief but a cute one) who has been stealing all the bird seed from the feeders.  He does not work alone...there are several gang members...believe have counted at least 6 at one time.  Thinking we may be outnumbered :)!

Well thank you for letting me share a few more delights with you.  Hope you are finding some as well.

Hugs

Debbie

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."  Zephaniah 3:17   (NIV)

12 comments:

  1. I love peonies and my husband’s grandmother gave us some plants. We treasure the peony bloom every year but our plants are just poking through the soil now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your delights. What a gorgeous peony! Like you, we so enjoy watching the squirrels running up and down the fence - they are a delight to watch. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have peonies and always enjoy their wonderful scent. It never fails though, right after they bloom we get a rain and it ruins most of them.
    That bunny cart is cute. Those squirrels can be entertaining but they sure do eat a lot. They always used to clean out my bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom had peonies growing up. I remember them as a pretty flower, but I also remember them as being covered with ants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your delights are delightful. :) I love peonies and have one dark pink one. Yours is such an unusual color. It's beautiful! Love your bunny cart! I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie, I chuckled when you called the squirrels "gang members" cause that is about right. And I'm so glad that you appreciate them more than I do. Your peonies are a soft, pretty color. It is the favorite flower of my favorite cousin, who passed away, so maybe she wanted to say hello around my birthday. Your bunny cart is so cute, and how nice to plant some flowers around the bunny. I LOVE the verse you shared today. It even brought a tear of comfort and gladness.

    Enjoy these May days, Debbie. They are simply the best.

    ~Sheri

    **the red color of your house is so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bunny cart, and the peonies! Squirrels, well, they are cute but they are terrible thieves. I'm currently in combat with them over our Everglades tomatoes. We are all watching to see when they ripen, and who will get them first. Today, I found a few ripe ones before the squirrels did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your delights and your bible verse. Also the story of the squirrel gang - we used to have one and they went in our attic! Try to get them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your peonies, they are beauties! I smiled at the little thief and his gang, he's cute! Wonderful delights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely post! I love peonies too. Ours are still in the small bud stage. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful garden, it is a good job the squirrels are cute. There is a branch of that gang here too, always on the take. Best wishes for a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, we, too, are outnumbered with the squirrels…6 to 2 and they get into my suet feeder no matter where I hang it. Ah, well…love the photos and want to wish you a happy Memorial Day weekend with sunshine and safety all around! Rhonda Carpenter

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

June's Joys

 As the month comes to a close it seems appropriate to share a few of June's joys.   Black Raspberries ripening on the vine makes the li...