Sunday, January 9, 2022

Time to Unveil


 Once again it is time to unveil my perfect word for the coming year.

So grab a cup of something hot and come sit a spell while I share 2022's word.

As always towards the end of November or December a certain word keeps coming to me.  It never appears as intrusive or even something I think on...it is just there.




Several weeks ago a friend of mine was sharing a thought about the letters being the same in two particular words.  It made me stop and pause.  Just the past week I had encountered the one word in several different books and passages.

The two she was speaking of were "Listen" and "Silent".  What an intriguing thought.  When one becomes silent then one will listen.

 

So there it is friends - "Listen" is my new word for 2022.  

If you have a perfect word or two, please share.

Have a blessed week.

Hugs

Debbie

P.S. Next week will give you an update on my reading list.  Priscilla Shirer's book is excellent thus far.

Believe it or not the first chapter is about listening.  What are the chances??

"...take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."  James 1:19 b (NIV)

14 comments:

  1. Listen is a powerful word.

    In Star Trek there is an entire species of listeners. That's how they learn about others.

    My word for 2022 is peace. For 2021 it was war, but I didn't tell anyone. I think we are out of the war now, but it's hard to see just yet.

    💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked a great word. I love your sketches. I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how the word 'listen' came to you, Debbie! And it's a beautiful word! I haven't found my word yet.
    Happy New Year by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect - I think many problems would never come to be if more people did just that.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic word, Debbie. I'll be revealing mine this week on the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful word, and I love how you came upon it and that the book's first chapter was about listening! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and perfect word, Debbie. Isn't that something else that silent and listen have the same letters in them, oh my. We don't always fully listen to people all the time, do we? I love different coffee cups, and I enjoyed seeing your flowery one this morning. I hope this month of January is being good to you, dear friend. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people hear but do not listen. I find that very annoying. I think I'm a good listener. Probably because I'm not much of a talker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the word comes to you so easily. Listen is a great word...it is advice, a warning, a suggestion, and so much more. Sometimes there are those that we don't want to listen to, but in the world there are so many beautiful things to hear...the sound of laughter, the sound of those you love, the sound of a baby, the sound of the waves, the sound of the wind, and the whisper of God. Enjoy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great word! Something to strive for. Be still and listen to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaahhh, I loved your comment on my helpfulness post. It made me smile. It was so special.
    Have a splendid Thursday Debbie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...