Monday, December 10, 2018

Unexpected


Today I received a lovely unexpected gift in the mail.   My friend Debra Smith at monniebeanfolkart.blogspot.com surprised me with this lovely handmade watercolor journal.

She had wrote a little note that this book was for me to paint in...I will certainly do so.

Debra creates so many wonderful works of art.   Very multi-talented and has been featured in Stampington and  Company's publications.   If you have never visited her at I Paint  I hope you stop over and check out her lovely blog.  She has some gorgeous photos too that you won't want to miss.

Speaking of an Unexpected surprise "And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.  An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."  Luke 2:8-11 (NIV)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Hugs Debbie 

 

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise to get in the mail. I can't wait to see what lovely sketches you add to those pages! I did skip over to Debra's blog and enjoyed my visit. Have a wonderful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    Une belle et si agréable surprise !...

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that? Hope you have fun filling the pages with art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely gift from a very thoughtful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, what a thoughtful and WONDERFUL gift from your friend! It is perfect for you, and I hope you share many pages from it as you paint! I love that passage from Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what a lovely treat to receive in the mail.... I, as well look forward to seeing the the pages filled with your amazing work, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift, so lucky !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift. Love the verse of the other 'unexpected surprise' too. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely handmade gift. Thank you for citing those Bible verses. Greetings and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! I look forward to the wonderful painting you fill it with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely surprise. I also look forward to your wonderful paintings. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and original gift. I am sure you will enjoy painting in it even more since your friend made it with so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet thing to do. The book looks wonderful. I know it will bring you much pleasure. Thanks for sharing Luke 2. This season is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely, Dear Debbie...What a beautiful surprise and thanks for sharing the verses...You will show us the paintings in this book one day? Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful gift. Look forward to seeing what you put in it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...