Friday, September 14, 2018

Storms

In this life we all face storms.  Some are more difficult than others.   Like many of you I have had my share.

What has always carried me through is knowing that God is not absent when the winds begin to howl and fear grips the heart.  "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)

This week once again we have seen another storm hit our shores in the U.S.   Florence is at the time of this writing bringing devastation to the Carolinas. 

There are several friends I blog with that live in the path of this hurricane.  Some of you reading this also have family and friends living along the coast that are in danger of losing their lives and homes.
Please take a moment with me to "Look Up" and pray for their safety.

Thank You!

Hugs Debbie


P.S.  I used to play this hymn at my church.   It comes to mind at this time.   Hope you will enjoy it.

17 comments:

  1. Will keep everyone in prayer - those defenseless animals, too.
    Thank you for the beautiful hymn, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all on the other side of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a scary time for those on the East coast worrying with the storm. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you, Debbie.
    Certainly have been doing a lot of prayer.
    Love Psalms 116.1 too.
    I enjoyed the hymn - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. North Carolina is in my thoughts and prayers!! SO sad.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this song Debbie. We do pray for all those in need, afraid of the bad weather and the uncertainty of it all. Very sad news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Debbie for always reminding us of those who need our prayers. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been praying for all of those in the path of Florence. The storm seems to have stalled and is creating a continuous problem for them. I hope our prayers will help! Have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful, spiritual post, Debbie...Yes...Love, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Thank God that He is with us in every storm, if only we lean on Him and trust. ( I bet you play the piano Beautifully!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet and precious post, dear Debbie. Indeed, the Lord is always with us through every storm. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Debbie, you have a great and beautiful heart. Yes, let's pray for those who are affected. I enjoyed the hymn, thank you for sharing. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  13. How is it now with you Debbie?

    Sharing 22 Spurgeon quotes with you. I hope you love this wonderful article. Lots of love from Europe! https://www.spurgeon.org/resource-library/blog-entries/22-spurgeon-quotes-for-surviving-lifes-storms

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some friends and family in the Carolinas, and they all came through fine, which I am so grateful for. After Irma last year, I'm still a bit jumpy about hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...