Saturday, July 28, 2018

Gone

They are gone.  All that remains is this nest.  It was still occupied on Thursday evening...
Early Friday morning empty. 










This photo was taken late Thurs. afternoon.   If you look close on the far right midway down this wee one was peeking out.

Upon reading about cardinals - discovered that the fledglings leave the nest about 10 - 13 days after hatching.







Once the nest is abandoned it will not be reused.  The mother and father move onto a new place to begin another brood.   

What an amazing design - the bottom is made up of leaves and some small dried twigs and such.

Very small inside - no wonder those babies leave so soon. 

Well the nest may be empty but I am looking forward to seeing those youngsters at the bird feeders.

Hope you will stop back again soon.   Have a blessed week.

Hugs Debbie

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. My 2nd nest of bluebirds have fledged as well -- wonderful isn't it Deb that they found a place near us to call 'home' for a while ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sparrows under the eaves of the back porch are on their fourth hatch this year. They started early this spring; it was still way to cold, but there they were. It has been fun to watch the babies grow and leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life does move on, doesn't it?! But, anyone who has had the pleasure of "hosting" new life even for a short while, is truly blessed. Thank you, Debbie, for letting us "host", too, via your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they will visit you often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw. I'm looking forward to seeing them at your bird feeder, too, Debbie!
    Thanks for the happy update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome. I am sure they will enjoy coming to your bird feeder once they are older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always exciting to see them fledge. I wish them well. You will be a little lonesome without the activity. Maybe you will see them at the edges of your garden yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought a bird house for our neighborhood birds! It has two floors! Classy!!!!�� I think it’s amazing how they build their homes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love nests! Such a perfect design for babies...Empty nests always make me a little sad, but there is a hope that springs up inside as well-hope for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I have had three robin's nest in my garden this summer. I found the broken eggs on the ground, but didn't really get to see the babies this year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Debbie, I sometimes come across birds, "L" drivers in the air. Some tumble down and stay on fences. I hope all of them will start independent lives. Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it fun to catch a glimpse of nature's circle of life? (Especially the beginning part...not so much the ending!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Sow

 It is the time of the year when I begin to sow seeds for the coming season.  Discovered a different method on You Tube...they call it "...