Sunday, May 20, 2012

Looking up...

The photo above was captured by my beloved.   He was looking up.  The day was leaving and night was coming.

I have always loved when dusk falls softly.  It brushes the hills and settles quietly in the valleys. The birds hush a bit and everyone prepares to rest.  It is a peaceful time.  A time to slow down and savor the end of the day.  A time of reflection.

Seems like life so swiftly becomes the echo of the present.  It is just nice to take a minute. To think about the day.   To know there will never again be one quite the same.   It is a gift. 

I am grateful my beloved looked up to see.

Hope you will look up too.   God Bless!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and the words as to how quickly life becomes an echo of the present is beautiful and oh so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Debra - May God bless you today and hope you get a quiet moment to reflect.

      Delete
  3. Sherry thanks for stopping by my blog - it is true life does pass quickly - just need to take the time to appreciate those heavenly moments. God Bless - Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful thoughts and oh so true. Yesterday we had fog roll in and I thought to myself how unusual it was to have it come now, that this kind of fog happens in the Fall. It was beautiful and then it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon I do so love the fog. Seems like everytime there is a foggy morning here when it burns off it brings the most gorgeous day. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and thoughtful post Debbie, and yes I'm looking up ! thanks.. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by to visit my garden jungle. I looked through your blog and enjoyed looking at your lovely paintings and photos! Have a great week! ~~ Diane

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Precious

 Life is made of up of precious moments.  Sometimes they come in a glimpse of a striking bird...  a surprise blossom blooming underfoot... o...