Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patty's Day

What a gorgeous St. Patty's Day.  It has just been the most loveliest weather here - temps in the 70's and all the spring bulbs are opening up.   It feels more like a day of summer.

Started the morning out early with a bit of painting in the studio.   Been working on a new small floral.  This is on hot press paper .  It is a bit more of a challenge for me but I love the way the colors  seem to take to the surface. I like it when I do pen and ink drawings.  I have recently started using Stonehenge for illustrations.  It is heavy enough to accept some watercolor washes if you do not use too much water with your paint.
Early Garden Patch
By 10:30 a.m. I was out in the garden planting sugar snap peas and some lettuce and beets.  I try to keep to a tradition of planting peas on St. Patrick's Day.  Some years the weather does not cooperate but today it was truly a delight to be outdoors.

Hope that all of you have a great St. Patrick's Day.   God Bless!







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one.

Precious

 Life is made of up of precious moments.  Sometimes they come in a glimpse of a striking bird...  a surprise blossom blooming underfoot... o...